The VIDE OIT department offers remote assistance option for faculty and staff experiencing problems with their education owned systems. This application enables the Help Desk staff diagnose the issues remotely. The Instant Remote Support tool provides a way for the VIDE techs to remotely connect and assist with computer issues in our schools and offices.
To use the program, download the file and save to the computer. Then, when requested by the technician, run the program and provide them with the 6 digit numerical code that appears.
Download Instant Support
What this system does:
- Allows the Help Desk staff to remotely access your Windows system.
- Allows the Help Desk to assist you more quickly on issues that may not require a visit.
What this system does not do:
- Does not leave any application behind that would allow us to control your system.
- Does not replace traditional desktop service. We still provide desktop service as well as our other support options.
- Once you close the application we no longer have access.